Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mondays with Dad, (and Wednesdays, and Fridays)

After doing Zumba with my friend and awesome instructor Sabrina, I went to my dad's house. He has been getting an exercise room together in his extra room. He now has a weight machine and a treadmill. I told him that we could exercise together. My dad is quite overweight, and so am I. He is on meds for blood pressure, I think he is pre diabetic, has arthritis in his ankles, and has congestive heart failure (nitro pills even). We got started this Monday. Dad walked on the treadmill at a pretty good clip for 25 minutes. I was so proud of him. While he was doing that, I did 2 circuits on the weight machine. Fly presses, overhead pull downs and reverse grip pull downs, tri pull downs, leg extensions, ab crunches, bench presses. Ouch. been a while since I did any strength training. When Dad was done (he did a mile), I did a mile on the treadmill in 14 min while he did a circuit on the machine (he did heavier weight of course). Then I made him drink a bottle of water before I let him have his Dr. Pepper. ;) We will get there one choice at a time.  I am so thankful to live around the corner from my dad, and so happy he has decided to join me on this journey to better health!

I would add a pic, but I guess pics of Dad and I together are scarce. Time to remedy that! I will post one on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!