Wednesday, May 11, 2011

running like a mad woman

My friend Sabrina ran with me today. Let me just say that I am a shuffle runner. I don't really kick up my feet. Sabrina is a natural runner. She has the form that I want! If I ran like that I would bounce too much and tire out even quicker. Kylah came for part of it, and so did Chris. Sabrina pushed Logan in a stroller. I must say I am ashamed. She is pushing little Logan, and has to slow down for me. (Sigh-shaking head) I guess all of the extra weight on me keeps us around even. And did I mention she is a Zumba instructor. Ok, my shame isn't quite as pronounced. When I go running, I'm surprised that passers by don't stop and ask if I need CPR! Why do I do this to myself? Because I want it! I want to be a runner. I want to be fit and healthy and skinny. I used to want to exercise to be skinny. Now I get out and try to run because I want to succeed. Don't get me wrong, I still want to lose weight. But now I'm working on my diet for that accomplishment. Pretty soon the girls will be gone for the summer. I will be really working hard on my diet then. I plan on being a new woman by the time they come home.  On the plus side, not only did I go 3 minutes faster than Monday, I also didn't die! Yay!!! We are going again on Friday, which will complete week 1 and we can continue onto week 2! So If you are out running errands and you see a hefty lady red in the face and huffing and puffing trying desperately to keep up with her friend, don't worry I won't actually die. Please be courteous though, don't point and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!