Thursday, December 29, 2011

Couldn't pass it up!

On my run, my shadow is waving at you. I promise it isn't flipping the bird.


Well, today was the first time I have gotten out there since Saturday's training run. I saw a friend at lunch today, and she asked how my training was going. I can't lie to save my life, so I told her the truth. Um, training has gone no where this week. On the plus side, my girls are home. I missed them like crazy even though they were only gone a week. I have not been doing good at waking up early. Luckily, since the girls were here to watch the babies, I went on my run this afternoon.

I took a new route, and wasn't quite sure how far it was. It was a fly by the seat of my pants kind of day. I wore my new pants, my awesome RMM socks, my new tech shirt, and my old trusty running shoes. It was so nice outside. Mid 60's and the sun was shining! If only the drivers in this wonderful town would move over for runners. I ended up in the ditch a few times, trying not to twist my ankle. Crazy people, move over!!!! Anyway. I finished my 3.66 mile run in 46:36 with an average of 12:44 min/mile. I actually looked down at my runkeeper at one point, and saw a sub 9 min/mile. No idea how long I kept that pace, must have been a good song! Tomorrow is Zumba with Sabrina, and then my next training run (5miles....eeeeek!) on Saturday with the Runner's World Tulsa Group.

I see ibuprophen in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!