Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November Challenge Day......Whatever

So, as thankful as I am for everything in my life, I can't apparently put it into enough words for an entire blog. I've been procrastinating. I know, for those of you that actually know me, this is a huge shock (NOT)! I think I may have just showed my age. Moving on. I'm always late, so it makes sense that I would miss a few days in a month long challenge. I have an issue with motivating myself apparently.

A couple of things came to mind when thinking of what I have to be thankful for today:

1. I am thankful for the wonderful friends I have. I don't have a lot of "close" friends. The friends I do have though, support me and make me a better person. I hope they all know how important they are to me. From the ones that live close, to the ones I haven't seen in person in years,  I love having them in my life.  They inspire me to be the person they think I am, if that makes sense.








2. I am thankful for my body. It may not look like a supermodel, or even be as good as it was in high school, but it is still a blessing. I am working my way to be fit. I have strong legs that carry this old body on runs, and dancing like a fool in Zumba. I have arms that lift my babies when they need comfort, and give hugs to the older ones when they need it. This body has successfully carried 4 children that have been given to me to love. I have lips to kiss my wonderful husband, and eyes to see all the beauty of the world. I have freckles that make me unique. I'm even thankful for my saggy boobs. They nourished 2 of those children for a year each. My body has been ravaged by time and childbirth, but it is mine. I'm making the best use of it I can. As I get older, I am more appreciative of what my body does for me than what it looks like. And that is just fine with me.



working on it



I love this one!

2 comments:

  1. I love you,Amanda. I'm glad you're part of our family :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!