Friday, November 11, 2011

November challenge- Patriotism

This goes along with my last post being thankful for our military men and women, I am thankful for the patriotism shown by so many people here. Today, my 3 daughters were in the Veteran's Day Parade. They all did great of course. There were flags everywhere. I will admit I teared up briefly. I don't understand when people are against our military. My ex husband is in the Army. I was a military wife for 6 years. I am so thankful for all that the military men and women and their families sacrifice for (even if my ex is one of them).  If it weren't for them we wouldn't have the freedoms we have today.  For all of the people that are speaking against our country and our military, at least here in the heartland, we still support our heroes. That gives me comfort and makes me thankful for where I live.


Elisabethe marching with the ROTC.


The babies enjoying the parade.

Children I don't know from the parade. They are cute though.

Ashleigh in the middle second row, playing trombone.

Kylah plaing the clarinet.

Cool old cars stopped by a train. 
So if you are lucky enough to call this great country home, thank a past or present service member.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!