Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Wind Comes Sweeping Down the Plains-Welcome to OKlahoma!

Looked a little stormy today.

Today I decided to get out there and run. I looked up motivational quotes on Pinterest and got dressed. I headed out with my runkeeper going and the music on. It was windy!!! I'm not sure if there are any storm warnings, but by the end of my run the sky had a greenish tinge. If you are from Oklahoma , a greenish tinge is not a good thing. Like most Oklahomans, I'm not going to get too worried until I see a funnel cloud.
look at those clouds!
I took a different route than normal. I conquered my fear today. I went over the old 33 bridge. There is no shoulder, and people aren't really used to runners. So, I was worried that I would get hit by a car. I made it! I also had to run on Hwy 88 for a short time. It slowed me down a bit, because I had to run on a slope in the grass to avoid the cars.
I'm on top of the world!
All in all a good run even though it was REALLY windy! I should have gone farther, because I have lost a lot of my running ability. You don't use it, you lose it. I went too long without running. I'm looking forward to the next training program with Runner's World.
I promise I have two legs, but I was running.

2.53 miles in 32 min (with 5 min warm up)

3 comments:

  1. Great job for getting out in less than ideal weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Against the wind... Isn't there a Bob Segar song to that effect... That would have been in my running music today! Great job and great report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! So true Robert! I listened to Zumba music so I could practice in my head! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!