Sunday, July 31, 2011

This is why I have a weight problem.

Tonight I made smothered pork chops and mashed potatoes. So good! Here is the recipe, make this for the man in your life and he will love you forever, even if your hips won't!!

First you need a pkg of boneless pork chops, some flour (any type will do really, I've used all purpose and self rising flour), season salt, pepper, liberal amounts of paprika, and a little cayenne for kick. Mix all together and coat the chops in the mixture.

  Fry the pork chops in oil and a half stick of butter. I know I know, I told you it was bad for you!
While the chops are browning, cut up a pkg of fresh mushrooms and a sweet onion. 
When the pork chops have browned, remove them to a 9x13 baking dish. Drain the oil from the skillet, and add some more butter to the pan. Butter butter everywhere!! Add the onions and mushrooms and sautee until tender. Then you have to add some of the flour mixture you used on the pork chops. Let the flour taste cook out of it a little bit.



Add enough milk to make a good amount of gravy. I used skim this time, does that mean it was healthy? 

Pour the gravy over the pork chops waiting in the baking dish and cover with foil. Bake around 350-375 for an hour. This makes them so tender you really usually don't need a knife! I make mashed potatoes with mine, but rice or noodles would be good too.

Such a yummy stick to your butt ribs meal! Then if you are really lucky, you can have one of your wonderful children help clean up the kitchen!

No, I did not exercise today or yesterday, and I am truly dreading the weigh in tomorrow. Here's hoping that I haven't gained any weight back! And back to Zumba tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!