Friday, July 8, 2011

An easy run after a LOOONNGG hiatus!

I haven't run since my 5k in June. I know, crazy. If I want to do the warrior dash in September I need to get on the training! Well, I have been doing Zumba at least 3 times a week. Surprisingly, that has improved my cardiovascular health already! I decided on a whim to go for a run, while Eric took care of the kids at my dad's house and ate cookies and milk. I got dressed quickly, took my new phone and my mp3 player and started out around 8:45pm. I had been watching some tutorials on correct running form. Apparently I've been a heel striker. I tried during this run to really concentrate on my form. I couldn't believe it, I jogged for 10 minutes without stopping. Holy cow!!! To top that off, I did it without music or companionship! My mp3 player was dead. I made due though. I tried to take a pic of the sunset, but it was already too dark. The first 10 min was really easy. Ran loose and calm. My foot is a little sore, but not too bad. At the end someone had sprayed their yard with fertilizer or something. Burned my nose a little. Really was a nice quick run, would like to go again tomorrow evening but we will see.

I definitely have been enjoying Zumba. I even got a bracelet with bells on it. :) I pretend while I am doing it that I don't look like a white girl who went off her meds and started having a seizure to music. I am beautiful, sexy, and one of the best dancers in the world! Thank goodness there are no mirrors where we do this. Then my illusions would be shattered and I would have to face reality. I have not been doing very good at keeping track of my calories and I'm assuming that I probably will have gained weight this week. I will start keeping track again on Monday, the start of a new week.

What is your favorite time to run?
Do you listen to music?
What activity do you do that makes you feel better about yourself automatically?

2 comments:

  1. Zumba is an excellent work out! I have to admit, I felt terribly uncoordinated the couple times I tried it, I wish I had your confidence. Good luck with your running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Zumba!!! Thanks though. I am trying to get back to running. I also really need to do some strength training also, for the warrior dash I am doing in Sept.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!