Friday, January 13, 2012

Overcoming Laziness

Must remember this one!


I'm lazy. I try really hard not to be. Nothing sounds better to me most of the time than clean sheets and a nap where nobody is bothering me. Yesterday, I defied my inner sloth, and went to my dad's house to run on the treadmill. I had decided I would do 1 hour and see how far I could go. If you have read my other posts, you will notice that last Sunday, I ran 4.5 miles in 1 hour and 10 min. Well.........I finished my 4 miles last night in 56 min and 20 seconds. I think I could have completed 5 miles before the 1 hour 10 min mark. But I said 1 hour and I didn't want to keel over from a heart attack. I needed to walk a little to cool down.


For some reason, my shins were hurting around mile 1 this time. I kept going though. I'm nothing if not determined! I started feeling like I was getting blisters on the balls of my feet. Still, kept going. I even tried to speed up more than normal. I think I actually run slower on the treadmill, than outside. It was cold though, and I'm a wuss. I know all my northern friends would scoff that I think the 20's is cold. Hey, I'm in Oklahoma! The winter storms catch us by surprise every year! We cancel school for a few inches because the plows can't keep up. And if you think you are going to stock up last minute on anything when a storm is coming at walmart, you better be prepared to throw some elbows.


When I was finished I sat down and talked to Dad for just a bit. Then I stretched, and talked some more. Where do you think I get my talkativeness from? We can talk to a fence post and get someone to talk back! I am planning to get 3 miles maybe 4 again in tomorrow. Some in today if I can fit it in. And Dum Dum Dum, 6 on Sunday!! Eek. I can't run with my fellow Half Fast people in the Runner's World Tulsa group. I think I need them! :) If you ever have a chance to train with these people, do it. They are awesome, and encouraging. Especially if you have no idea what you are doing. They have all the info!! I may post twice today, we shall see!!!

me and my dad


Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday the 13th!


1 comment:

  1. Good job on doing the 'dreadmill' by yourself to get in your miles. And don't worry about the Dum Dum Dum, 6 miles - you CAN do it!! Your Half Fast leaders are here for you - just give us a shout! :)
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!