Sunday, January 8, 2012

Forrest Gump, I am not.

I want to be a runner, that does not mean that I am good at it. It also doesn't mean that I enjoy it so much all the time. It is more the idea I have that one day I will be good at it, and enjoy it. I do enjoy getting away from the kids sometimes (That is said with the utmost amount of love). Really though, sometimes you have to get away before you go crazy.

I missed my group run yesterday with Runner's World Tulsa. My wonderful Husband said that he would run with me, but didn't see the point in driving that far to run. So yesterday slipped by rather quickly and we didn't get out and run. So I told him today that I have to run today whether he went with me or not. He said he would go with me. After last time we ran together, I was worried. He ran me into the ground. So, I anticipated having to keep up with him. Today was his turn to have a bad run though. He had a tough time. I am so thankful that he went with me though. He did 2.25 miles with me outside.

You are jealous, I know. I couldn't get a normal pic of him. Only the Elvis lip silly pic. 

So, I really wanted to stop when he did. We went by my dad's house. He was done. I went and used the treadmill. I ended up running a total of 4.5 miles in 1:10. Not as good as usual, but I felt good.
From the dreadmill portion of my run.
I told Eric, the entire time I am running, I am doing little checks. "Can I breathe, Is my heart racing too fast, am I hurting anywhere, etc.? " I actually felt pretty good. No major pains, and I could breathe fine. I was just tired. I decided not to go the full 5 miles. I should have. Honestly though, I'm ecstatic that I didn't stop at 2.25, because I really wanted to.

I'll be missing the group run next Saturday, and will have to do another Sunday run. Hopefully, I can come up with a good route - one that doesn't go too close to home!

On a different note, I have to post this pic of my husband and son. Amos loves to be thrown high into the air. This pic, I think is a great demonstration of movement. Amos is always on the move. I am thankful that I have my husband here to play with him. He is such a great dad!

Ignore the lack of pants on Amos' part, he's going through a pantsless phase!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!